Walmart U.S. Q1 comp sales1 grew 3.4% and Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales grew 37%, Company reports Q1 FY'20 GAAP EPS of $1.33; Adjusted EPS2 of $1.13, led by strength at Walmart U.S.
(Amounts in billions, except as noted. Dollar and percentage changes may not recalculate due to rounding.)
1 13-week period ended April 26, 2019 compared to 13-week period ended April 27, 2018, and excludes fuel. See Supplemental Financial Information for additional information.
2 In the first quarter of FY20, we updated our definition of traffic as a component of comparable sales to be all sales transactions in our stores as well as for eCommerce. Traffic will now be called transactions. For comparability, we revised this metric for FY19 and have provided a quarterly summary on our website at http://www.stock.walmart.com.
3 See additional information at the end of this release regarding non-GAAP financial measures.
Additional highlights for the first quarter
- Introduced increased rewards and protected PTO for U.S. associates
- Launched free NextDay delivery from Walmart.com with plans to reach 75% of U.S. population by year's end
- Introduced Walmart Voice Order, initially through the Google Assistant, to make basket building for online grocery orders even easier
- Launched new personalized baby registry on Walmart.com
- Introduced first online pet pharmacy, Walmartpetrx.com
- Announced participation in the USDA's SNAP online purchasing pilot
- Announced partnership with Affirm to allow customers to make purchases and pay over time at Walmart stores and online
- Launched exclusive line of denim on Walmart.com with Sofia Vergara
- Launched exclusive MoDRN brand in the Home category
- Launched exclusive Hello Bello brand in the Baby category with Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard
- Launched exclusive Flower brand in the Home category on Walmart.com with Drew Barrymore
- Launched Evolution_18, a health & wellness line from Bobbi Brown, in stores and online
- Announced partnership with KIDBOX to deliver personalized kids fashion through Walmart.com
- Announced the creation of a new Angus beef supply chain to service 500 U.S. stores
- Launched new Intelligent Retail Lab in a live shopping environment to help unlock the possibilities of Artificial Intelligence
- Acquired natural language processing startup, Aspectiva
- Acquired assets of Polymorph Labs to expand in-house advertising technology
- Announced the launch of PhonePe as a payment option at Walmart's "B2B Cash & Carry" stores in India
- Opened next generation Sam's Club in Shanghai
- Launched a Super App solution with PhonePe in India
- Launched Flipkart venture capital fund
- Launched new reusable shopping bag campaign in U.S. stores
- Announced new plastic packaging waste reduction commitments
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 275 million customers and members visit our more than 11,300 stores under 58 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514.4 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.