- As customers are looking for new and convenient ways to shop, we remain committed to testing innovative concepts by combining digital and physical assets that enable customers to shop when, where and how they want.
- We know customers today are looking for more convenience, choice and savings, and we’re proud to offer this service in 13 markets today. In the coming weeks, we’ll begin offering this fast, easy option in more stores in additional markets.
- More than 30,000 items – including fresh produce, meat and seafood, dairy, bakery items, plus health and beauty products – can be ordered online and picked up for free at a participating store.
New Markets we’re launching in June
McAllen, Abilene, Brownsville, Laredo, Waco and College Station, TX;
Baton Rouge and New Orleans, LA
Little Rock and Fort Smith, AR
Topeka and Wichita, KS
In June, there are 4 markets where we’ve doubled the number of stores that offer the service:
Kansas City, MO-KS
Virginia Beach, VA
How It Works: Ordering
- Customers visit Walmart.com/grocery and enter their zip code.
- Customers can then browse the Walmart Grocery assortment online, which carry the same prices as local Walmart stores.
- During checkout, customers choose a designated store to visit and select a timeslot to pick up their order.
- There is a $30 minimum purchase for all Walmart Grocery orders and pickup is always free.
How It Works: Free Pickup
- Orders are fulfilled from our local stores by Walmart personal shoppers. Customers will receive a phone call to let them know when their order is ready and the specific location at the store to pickup – usually in front of or at the side of the store.
- Once customers arrive at their pickup location, there will be reserved parking spaces for online pickup customers and a designated number to call in order to alert an associate in the store. That associate will quickly retrieve the prepared order and load it into the customer’s car.
- Same-day pickup is available – orders placed by 2 a.m. will be available for pickup from 8 a.m. and orders placed by 10 a.m. will be available from 1 p.m.
- Pickups can be scheduled seven days a week, up to three weeks in advance.
Key Customer Benefits
- Walmart Online Grocery Pickup offers customers the chance to save in a number of ways:
No price mark-up – Walmart online groceries carry the same everyday low prices as local Walmart stores, no subscription fee required.
Save time & money with free pickup – We offer customers the convenience of shopping online and the ease of quickly picking up groceries without having to leave their cars, all at no additional cost.
Walmart’s lowest price – If prices in store decrease between the time an order is placed and when it’s picked up, customers will pay the lower amount on the day of pickup.
User Friendly- The site offers ways to save favorites and future shopping lists, making it even easier to order next week’s groceries. Plus you can order up to three weeks in advance.
Customers can return items at the time of pickup or return items later to a Walmart store.