Retailer Releases Black Friday Ad to Mobile App Users Early, Offers Record-Breaking Number of Black Friday Deals on Walmart.com
BENTONVILLE, Ark. – Nov. 12, 2015 – Black Friday has always been about the biggest deals of the season and 2015 will come with great savings and more. This year, Walmart is refreshing its approach to Black Friday by offering its deepest availability on the most-wanted products in stores and online.
For the first time ever, the majority of Walmart’s Black Friday deals will be available on Walmart.com – including many of the top items such as televisions, video game consoles and small home appliances – beginning at 12:01 a.m. PT on Thanksgiving morning. Then, Black Friday will begin in stores at 6:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. New this year, Walmart’s mobile users can get a first look at the retailer’s Black Friday circular, available today through the Walmart app.
“Our customers can count on us to deliver three things on Black Friday – we’re offering amazing prices, we bought deeper on the gifts they want, and we simplified the shopping experience in stores and online,” said Steve Bratspies, chief merchandising officer, Walmart U.S. “To bring it all to life, we have great associates. Delivering for our customers isn’t possible without their hard work throughout the weekend and all year long.”
Deepest Product Availability Ever of
Walmart focused its offerings on the items it knows shoppers are looking for during its Black Friday events based on customer feedback and sales data. Coupling tried-and-true Black Friday favorites like HDTVs and video game consoles with new items such as a toy drone, Walmart has stocked its stores with the deepest availability of the most-wanted products. For example, Walmart will have more than 1 million televisions, more than 15 million movies and more than 10 million pajamas for its Black Friday event.
“Walmart will never be the retailer that broadcasts a great price on Black Friday and then ends up only having a few in stock,” added Bratspies. “We bought deep on televisions, toys and more to ensure hundreds of customers in a store – not tens of customers – get the gift they want.”
Top Black Friday deals include:
- 10 Televisions, including a Roku 32” Class Smart HDTV for $125 (special buy), 40” Class HDTV for $149 (special buy) and Samsung 55” Class Curved Smart 4K UHD TV for $998 ($200 savings)
- Fitness Wearables like the Fitbit Flex Wristband for $59 ($40 savings) and the Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate + Activity Wristband for $119 ($30 savings)
- More than 100 video games many starting at $8 as well as NBA2K16, Madden ’16 and FIFA ’16 for Xbox One for $27 each ($32.88 savings)
- Video Game Console bundles including a PlayStation 4 Uncharted Bundle for $299 ($50 savings)
- More than 800 DVDs and Blu-ray movies many starting at $1.96
- Home appliances for $9.72 each including an Oster 8-Speed Blender, Crock-Pot Stainless 5-Qt. Slow Cooker and 12-cup Programmable Black & Decker Coffee Maker
- Hot toys including a Star Wars Lightsaber for $5 ($3.94 savings), the Sky Viper X-Quad Stunt R/C Drone for $25 (special buy) and the LEGO or Duplo Large Creative Box for $30 (special buy)
- Hotel Style Cotton-Rich 850-Thread Count Sheet Set for $25 (special buy)
Children’s licensed sleepwear starting at $4.75 (special buy)
Black Friday Online Specials
Walmart will also offer online specials that kick off on Thanksgiving Day so customers can shop while the turkey is in the oven. Specific deals include:
- Samsung 60" 4K Ultra HDTV for $899.99 ($800 savings)
- RCA 7" Tablet 16GB w/ Keyboard for $50 ($20 savings)
- Dell Black 15.6” Intel i3 Laptop for $279 ($120 savings)
- 7' My First Trampoline for $89.99 ($90 savings)
- Star Wars Stereo Gaming Headset for $29 ($31 savings)
The Return of the 1-Hour Guarantee
Walmart is bringing back its exclusive 1-Hour Guarantee, now in its fourth year. Customers in designated areas of the store can purchase these items from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Nov. 26. They’ll either take the product home that night or receive it at a store before Christmas. Deals include:
- iPad Air 2 Gold 16GB Wi-Fi for $399 ($100 savings)
- Beats Studio Headphones for $169 ($130.95 savings)
- LG 55” Class Smart 4K UHD TV for $698 ($300 savings)
- Xbox One 500GB Gears of War Bundle with a $30 Walmart Gift Card for $299 ($50 savings)
- 15” HP Touch Laptop for $249 (special buy)
More Ways Walmart is Making Black Friday
From interactive maps to appointments for a new smartphone or tires, Walmart is making Black Friday shopping easier than ever.
- The retailer is once again offering its popular events for tires and wireless phones. But, instead of waiting until the next day to stand in line, customers can make appointments for Friday when they are at the store on Thursday night.
- The interactive circular on the mobile app and Walmart.com will deliver ratings and reviews as well as tutorials on the 1-Hour Guarantee.
- Store maps will highlight the locations of hot products and larger gifts like televisions, tablets, toys, small appliances and kid’s clothing. Maps can be viewed on Walmart.com and on the mobile app starting Nov. 17. Printed copies of the maps will also be available in stores.
- Store-specific crowd management and safety plans are set for each of Walmart’s nearly 4,000 stores hosting Black Friday events.
- Wristbands for in-demand products will once again be handed out for popular items like the HP Laptop, 55” Hisense Smart HDTV and RCA 8” Tablet, so customers know when a product is no longer available.
Associates are Key to Success
More than one million Walmart associates will be serving customers on Thanksgiving Day. In appreciation for their hard work, the company will recognize them with additional pay, free dinner during their shifts and a 25 percent discount* on an entire basket of goods this holiday season.
Black Friday is just the beginning. Following the big event, Walmart will kick off a week of savings on Walmart.com – all part of the retailer’s larger holiday strategy announced earlier this season. For more information on Walmart’s Black Friday offers, visit www.walmart.com/blackfriday.
*Walmart’s full-time and part-time associates will receive the 25 percent discount. Seasonal associates and those who have been with the company for under 90-days will receive a 15 percent discount. Limited to one basket for associates.