Renovation Now Complete at Panorama City Walmart
New design features expanded selections and new opportunities to save
PANORAMA CITY, Calif., Aug. 10, 2012 – The wait is over for residents in Panorama City eager to see their remodeled Walmart at 8333 Van Nuys Blvd. bring savings on groceries and a wide assortment of merchandise, including books and an expanded garden center. The remodeled Walmart, designed to make shopping easy for customers, will be unveiled at 7 a.m., Friday, Aug. 10, with a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
“We have a loyal customer base, and some have been shopping here since we opened in 1998,” said store manager Greg French. “We think they’ll love the new, easy-to-shop layout of the store and appreciate the savings we offer on the products they need.”
New Layout Improves Customer Experience
The Panorama City Walmart features a new layout and updated design. In recent months, Walmart has taken major steps to refresh its stores, merchandise and customer experience. The improvements have all come together in the company’s newest stores with faster service, a friendlier shopping experience and cleaner stores.
“The layout of the store is easy to navigate, which will save customers time as they shop for everyday necessities at our unbeatable prices,” said French. “By grouping the products that our customers most often purchase, we are making one-stop shopping even easier.”
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 10,130 retail units under 69 different banners in 27 countries. With fiscal year 2012 sales of approximately $444 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://walmartstores.com, and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Panorama City Walmart
- Location: 8333 Van Nuys Blvd. Panorama City, Calif.
- 142,000-square-foot Walmart
- Store opens at 7 a.m. Friday, Aug. 10, followed by a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony will be at 7:30 a.m.
- Store manager: Greg French
- Store hours 7 a.m.-midnight, seven days a week
- More than 30 merchandise departments, such as apparel and accessories, health and beauty aids, and an electronics department
- Convenience services include a pharmacy, digital photo processing center, Walmart Connect Center and expanded MoneyCenter
- The average wage at Walmart for full-time hourly associates in California is $12.79 per hour*
- Walmart’s benefit program is available to eligible full- and part-time associates and provides a variety of affordable health and well-being benefits including medical insurance with no lifetime maximum. Walmart also offers eligible associates matching 401(k) contributions of up to 6 percent of pay, discounts on general merchandise for store associates, an Associate Stock Purchase Program and company-paid life insurance. Additionally, eligible associates receive a quarterly incentive based on store performance.
* Average wage taken April 2012. See www.walmartstores.com for details.