Walmart is taking Investing in American Jobs to a new level, combining the highest value activities from past U.S. Manufacturing Supplier Summits and Open Call events in a two-day dynamic event at our corporate offices on July 7-8, 2015 in Bentonville, Arkansas.
We kick off with our “Open Call” day, where you have the potential to present your U.S. made products to buyers from Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam’s Club. You will also have the opportunity to learn a variety of relevant topics during the supplier academy sessions (see details below). It’s going to be an exciting day that will be complimented by an evening reception at the Walmart AMP, where you can network with state economic officials and other industry leaders.
July 8th will be a fascinating day, where attendees can hear Walmart U.S. President & CEO, Greg Foran, as well as Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson discuss how today’s trends and tomorrow’s innovations impact the American Jobs initiative, along with many other leaders and industry experts. In addition, learn about state specific incentives and understand options for site selections through pre-scheduled meetings in an open-floor environment.
AgendaJuly 7th - Walmart Corporate Offices
- 7:00 a.m. - Check-in Begins
- 8:00 a.m. - Opening Session
- 9:00 a.m. - Open Call Merchant Meetings for Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club
- 9:00 a.m. - Supplier Academy Sessions
- 3:00 p.m. - Supplier Academy Sessions Conclude
- 6:00 p.m. - Networking Reception at Walmart AMP
July 8th - Bentonville High School
- 7:00 a.m. - Check-in Begins
- 8:00 a.m. - General Session -- Featuring Walmart U.S. President and CEO Greg Foran and Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson, along with government leaders and industry experts
- 10:00 a.m. - State Agency Sessions and Open Floor -- State economic development agencies will meet with current and potential suppliers to evaluate manufacturing offerings across the U.S.
- 10:00 a.m. - Supplier Academy Sessions
3:00 p.m. - Program Concludes
Supplier Academy Sessions:
- The Walmart Customer - Hear from the Walmart consumer insights team how customers perceive products made in the U.S.
- U.S. Manufacturing Trends - Get the latest in US manufacturing trends; see how you can use this knowledge to increase the trajectory in U.S. Manufacturing.
- How I Made it Work - Hear last year’s Open Call success stories from business owners, and learn how they went from “Open Call” to “Product on Walmart Shelves”.
- Doing Business with Walmart - Dispel the myths from the truths as the Walmart Supplier Administration team presents the steps to successfully become a Walmart and Sam’s Club supplier.
- Navigating the Supply Chain - Connect with the U.S. supply chain by understanding how Thomas Net resources can help connect the missing U.S. value chain opportunities.
- Work with Governments - From tax incentives to workforce, to site selection and more, learn how to as a resource.
- Corporate responsibility and Supplier Resources - Discover how participating in Walmart initiatives can help grow your business while benefiting the community.